With a reverse headstock that recalls some heavy-metal guitars of the ’80s, the new Ortega Horizon concert ukuleles have a unique look.
The Horizon ukes are available with rosewood, mango, or bamboo bodies and in non-cutaway acoustic and cutaway acoustic-electric versions. Each of the laminated wood instruments has a light “open-pore” satin finish, okoume necks with rosewood fingerboard, and sealed tuners. The bodies are bound in contrasting woods, with rosewood binding on the bamboo and mango bodies and maple binding on the rosewood model.
The cutaway versions have a pickup and an onboard preamp. A gig bag comes with each Horizon.
- Laminated all-bamboo, -mango, or -rosewood body with satin “open-pore” finish
- Okoume neck with rosewood fingerboard and reverse headstock
- Rosewood bridge
- MagusUke preamp on electric models
- Includes gig bag and Aquila strings
- Non-cutaway: $199 list
- Cutaway electric models: $249 list